The board of the AB/NWT Canadian Evaluation Society Chapter is seeking expressions of interest (EOI) for facilitators to deliver professional development events to its members. Questions? [email protected]
The priority deadline for review is May 14, 2021, but we will continue to accept submissions ongoing.
We will put out this call for EOIs in May and September each year, or as need dictates.
At this time, CES AB/NWT is offering online sessions only. Sessions are delivered in real time on the CES AB/NWT Zoom account. We will consider in-person opportunities once public health orders allow.
You do not need to be a resident of Alberta/NWT to submit an EOI.
EOIs will be reviewed by a committee commissioned by the CES AB/NWT Board. The committee makes decisions on EOIs on criteria such as:
- Experience and education in evaluation
- Experience in training, adult education or facilitating learning events
- Relevance of the topic to our members
Please provide a brief and clear and detailed description of your proposed session. Participants tend to be particularly interested in hands-on learning experiences and take-aways applicable to their own practice, but we are open to considering other types of sessions. Sessions that contribute to building CES competencies will be prioritized.
For accepted EOIs, the facilitator and CES representative will sign a contractual agreement.
CES AB/NWT representative:
- Advertise the event
- Organize registration of participants
- Advise facilitator(s) of number of participants expected and other details as they arise
- Compile results of evaluations and send to facilitator(s)
- Provide a session description and facilitator bios for promotion purposes
- Prepare presentation, including slide deck and handouts for participants as applicable
- Deliver the presentation to meet the learning objectives as outlined by their proposal
- Submit an invoice for the facilitation fee
- 1-hour session – $150
- Half-day session – $500
- Full-day session – $1000
Minimum participants – We require a minimum of 12 registrants within 3 days of the scheduled start date to proceed with the learning opportunity. Otherwise it will be cancelled and the facilitator fee will not be paid.