© 2014-2020 | Staff Login
Essential Skills Series – Online Course & Workshops
10 weeks |
The AB/NWT chapter is pleased to be offering the Essential Skills Series in an online format offered across the country by the Canadian Evaluation Society (CES), along with facilitated online workshops. This is a self-paced course, enhanced with support from an experienced facilitator. This allows you to work through the modules at your own pace while also participating in written discussion forums and several live facilitated discussions. You will also be able to receive comments on assignments if they are submitted to the facilitator by specified deadlines. This course will provide you with a solid grounding in evaluation with tools and resources to support your future evaluation work.
**New Start Date**: September 2021
Length: 10 weeks
Deadline to register: September 3, 2021
Welcome and Wrap-up Webinars
Access to the online Essential Skills Series course through the CES e-Institute for you to work at your own pace with optional assignments and discussion forums.
2 full-day Facilitated Workshops through zoom to work through course content and complete group activities and case studies (dates will be determined based on the availability of participants)
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- – Describe the role of evaluation in the program life cycle;
- – Explain common evaluation terms, functions, and approaches;
- – List the steps in planning and conducting an evaluation;
- – Describe how common social science data collection methods are used in evaluations;
- – Describe the value and use of project management concepts in evaluations;
- – Outline ways to support the use of evaluation findings and produce actionable evaluation reports; and
- – Recognize evaluation standards and ethical principles and identify their role in the professionalization of evaluation in Canada.
Completion of the online modules through the CES e-Institute is required for certification. Attendance in the 2 full-day Facilitated Online Workshops and webinars is optional but recommended and highly valuable to enhance your understanding of the material.
Meet your Facilitator
Krista Brower is a credentialed evaluator with over twelve years’ experience in a variety of research and evaluation settings. She is currently the Director of Evaluation and Quality Improvement for the Edmonton Oliver Primary Care Network and consults on independent contracts related to her areas of expertise. She holds a Master of Education in Educational Psychology (Measurement, Evaluation and Cognition); as well as a Graduate Certificate in Community-Based Research and Evaluation and is actively pursuing her PhD in Research, Evaluation and Enhancement. Krista has extensive experience related to evaluation in the non-profit, health and social services sectors. In particular, she utilizes innovative approaches to evaluation to facilitate change and guide evidence-based decision making in complex environments. She is a certified ARECCI (A pRoject Ethics Community Consensus Initiative) Second Opinion Reviewer and facilitator, and is certified in both project and change management paradigms. Krista serves as the Chair of the Communications and Marketing Committee for CES National and sits on the ABNWT chapter board.
CES Members: $960 | Non-members: $1200
Click here to purchase a CES Membership before registering for this course to qualify for the lower rate.
Who should register for ESS?
- – Newly appointed evaluation or program review officers
- – Those who are beginning to manage and use evaluation projects within their organizations
- – Novice evaluators looking for an introduction or refresher course on the main concepts, methods and issues in program evaluation
Who should I contact with any questions?
Send an email to: [email protected]
I am not a CES member. Can I still register?
Yes! However we would love to welcome you as a member of CES. If you purchase your CES Membership before registering for the course, you qualify for a discounted rate.